Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa thinks he's got a tight squeeze!

I am publishing this entry currently pressed against a wall with a sloped ceiling 12 inches from my face.  A girl who is about 1/10th my weight and a third my height has me in this ridiculous position as she sprawls out on my pillow  To her right is her brother, who is snuggled up against his mommy... my lovely wife.  We are squeezed into this shoe box of a double bed because our cherubs can't sleep.  It's Christmas Eve, I have a crick in my neck, a knot in my back and my foot keeps falling asleep... but laying next to my family, hearing their soft little breaths, I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. Looking over at the two of them illumined in the dim glow of the laptop light, I already got the two best presents a person could ask for.  Just don't tell Santa. ;)

On the bright side, the only way I could get closer to hearing the jolly man's landing is if Donner's hoof comes through the roof and crushes my face.  Even then, I don't think either of my kids would stir in the slightest.

So I sign off wishing a Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!  :)




ps.  Dear Santa, some advil in my stocking would go a long way.  Thanks pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment