Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Writers Block!

What to write about, what to write about... this blog thing can be frustrating!  Well, my little ones are going to be a year old in a few weeks!  The sheer magnitude of this milestone is overwhelming!  Considering that when they came into the world, they were 11 weeks early and only 2 lbs and change each.  Spending almost 2 months in the NICU unit under warming lights with feeding tubes, IV's and monitors hooked up to them. Now a year later, they're healthy, happy, thriving little monsters who fall asleep at 7:30pm, get brought up to bed by mommy, and then hear daddy come home and are suddenly filled with a rejuvenation tonic!  I slip into their room and looks who's wide awake, huge smiles on bright eyed faces, one bouncing on his bed while giggling, the other clapping gleefully while telling me all about her day.  It's one of the moments where you say "shhh, it's bed time" out loud, but inside you're thinking "yeah! daddy is the man! I love you guys too, let's play!"  After 15-20 minutes of sitting in their dimly lit room on the rocker quietly chatting with the two of them, we decided to give them a warm bottle to hopefully calm them down and get them nestled back to bed.  Yeah, that didn't work.  Daddy's home! Mommy's here! Let's go downstairs and play!  So instead of fighting with them, we brought them back downstairs and let them hang out for an hour.  Having no sports to watch and nothing dvr'ed worth sitting through, I decided to play some Mario Kart Wii online.  I always sit on the floor when the monkeys are up because I can act as a gate barring entry to the hallway, and to let them climb on me.  Well my boy wanted nothing more than my game controller, so I gave him one of the faux controller shells for the Wiimote.  Literally the second he got his hands on that, guess who wanted it?  They're not even a year old and if one has it, the other one wants it and will do whatever they can to steal it away!  The whole sharing thing is going to be a fun lesson to impart on them. :) 

In other news NYCC is this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to.  For the uninitiated, NYCC is the New York Comic Con, not quite as big as the media juggernaut that is the San Diego Comic Con, but still a strong up and comer over the last several years.  I'm going in my usual member of the press capacity as a photographer for a content relevant web-site so I should have plenty of photos and subjects to talk about over the next week or so.  Until then, Excelsior!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, blogging can be difficult sometimes. You just need to find some inspiration which can come from the smallest things, and then identify and write for your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've also been super busy lately. Of course, that's just an excuse. I created the blog so I would write more frequently, not less! I need to get on it! NYCC tomorrow tho!

    ReplyDelete