Friday, October 7, 2011

Strike Three...

And just like that, the New York Yankees season is over.  With a wimper.  It's weird though, I never got the vibe from this team that it was a championship caliber team.  Last night's loss, while disappointing, wasn't gut wrenching.  Maybe this means I'm focused on other priorities in life, maybe it means I just didn't have high expectations for the team.  Maybe it just means I can focus on Rangers hockey right from the get go!  Last season my 4 month old daughter would lock into hockey, she obviously had no idea what was going on, but when the game was on, her eyes were locked in.  Soon as there was a commercial break or intermission, she would look around, play with the dangling toys from her bouncer, maybe cry or fuss a little... but the second the ice was back, her head was glued to the television set!  It was hysterical to watch!  Now that she's going to be a year old, I'm curious to see how she reacts to the games again.  It's going to be so much fun taking my kids to Rangers games! Can't wait!  Now if only Staal would recover from the Crosbyitis and get back on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment