Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fairwell summer, I hardly knew thee

Well, summer is officially over.  I'm pretty sad to see it go this year, not because I feel like I missed out on bbqs or pool parties but because I feel like my kids shot up like little bean sprouts in the blink of an eye.  When we entered summer, they were still just laying on their backs with maybe a roll over here or there.  Now my little guy is standing on his own and is looking for any and all reasons to test the limits of how far he is allowed to go.  My little girl is sitting up, standing when you hold her and expressing the widest range of emotions and expressions the human soul is permitted to exude. They've both already logged earthquake and hurricane time before they even hit their one year milestone!  It's an amazing time right now as they learn and explore this new crazy world around them but it's going by like brush fire on the Serengeti.  Which I am here lamenting because with the fall/winter schedule, I get relegated to a sort of "visitation rights on the weekends" dad.  They're in bed before I get home and asleep or groggy when we drop them off at the sitter in the morning.... I miss them already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment