Friday, July 27, 2012

Severe Thunder Storms of fun!

The best thing about last nights massive thunder storm, aside from the much needed rain, was that we got to turn off the lights and the tv, pull up the blinds, and let God pay for the night's entertainment. We all sat on the couch in the living room, the kids were allowed to stand which in and of itself brought giggles of excitement, and we watched as the storm rolled in. As each flash of lightning got brighter and each crack of thunder got louder, so too did my kids eyes get wider! The looks of shock and awe that only inexperience of something new can bring were both priceless and precious. After each bolt and the moments awe it brought passed, my son would turn to me and my daughter to my wife with the biggest smiles on their faces as if to say "did you just see that!!" One strike was so bright and so close, the thunder clap coming only a half a second behind the flash, that my son's jaw dropped so far his pacifier fell out of his mouth! It's nights like those that make truly cherish being a dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment